Tuesday 15 March 2011

[Guest Post] F/W 2011 Fashion Round-Up

by David Diaz

The wonderful David Diaz from Virtually Stunning was lovely enough to do a great Guest Post for me. So, for your fashion fix check out his overview of his favourite looks from the Fall/Winter 2011 collections, keep on reading!

Don't forget to check out his amazing blogs for the latest in everything fashion!

There were a lot of beautiful collections for the Fall/Winter 2011 season. There were bold prints, amazing coats, pretty textures and a lot more. I picked out my favorite looks from my favorite designers for each fashion week, which are New York, London, Milan, and Paris. There are many more fashion weeks, but those are the main ones.

I kept up with NYFW (New York Fashion Week) and the collections that were presented were absolutely gorgeous! My favorite designers, Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough from Proenza Schouler presented a loud, bold, colorful, and of course, gorgeous collection. I literally loved every single look, but I can't show all 33 looks so I chose the first look, which is so pretty! You can see the full collection here. Proenza Schouler brought us bold, colorful prints, breathtaking craftsmanship, and lots more! Oh and we can't forget about how amazing the pony-hair heels were!


Moving on to Erdem, which I have to say was magnificent! Erdem also gave us prints, but they gave it to us in a more mysterious dark feel. He did a wonderful job incorporating tweed into a really pretty dress, and even beautiful lace that was sewn into this pink/magenta glossy dress. Another highlight of the collection was an amazing hot-pink sweater layered upon a beautifully crafted printed skirt. You have to check out the collection, click here.


It seems that all my favorite designers decided to play with prints this F/W 2011 season, which will make the season more fun than the usual dark colors that are presented. Dolce & Gabbana had color exploding everywhere from the bags, to the shoes, to the ultra amazing coats! I'm really loving this look, the sheer blouse printed with the blue stars paired with a yellow stars printed skirt...One word: AMAZING!

Every time I see a Dolce & Gabbana collection I always seem to be fascinated by their bags...If only I could have one or maybe just all of them, especially those from this season: the bags were glittery, sequined, and just oh-so-gorgeous! See the full collection here.


Viktor & Rolf went for a more simple collection, focusing on a palette that only featured black, white, red, and silver. But the simplicity ended there, for in craftsmanship, Viktor & Rolf went to the extreme as they usually do.

They never fail to impress me with how incredible their designs are. Just look at the pinwheels on the coat shown above and those cascading ruffles just makes that coat even that much more amazing! Viktor & Rolf is definitely where I get my biggest inspirations from, because they're so unique in designing their collections. Don't you agree? See the full collection here.

Well, that's the round-up, now these collections were just my favorite...What collection/designer did you like the most for the F/W 2011 season?

Love you,

David Diaz

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 15 March 2011 at 01:46 , Blogger Jane Alisa said...

Great post! Proezna was one of my highlights too.xoxo

 
At 15 March 2011 at 12:14 , Blogger Paula said...

i totally loved gucci f/w. *swooooon*

 
At 15 March 2011 at 23:29 , Blogger Unknown said...

These really are bold looks! Great post. Keep it up :)

 
At 4 April 2011 at 09:37 , Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Are you kidding me with that V&R coat? Gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home