Tuesday 8 March 2011

[VIDEO] Tutorial: Spring is (almost) Here!


I'm just dying for Spring to arrive. So maybe this post is premature, but seeing as I have LOADS of upcoming Spring-y make up looks coming up, I think it's alright.

Today I'll be using beautiful blues and gorgeous greens to get this slightly cat-eye look that's great for lunching on a patio or a fun night out sans copious amounts of layering.






I used just two palettes when creating this look: Maybelline Eyestudio in 90 Irresistibly Ivy and Marcelle Lace Eye Shadow Trio in Azure Blue.








As you can see, both palettes have quite a bit of fallout, and though I forgot to mention this in the video, I had to do quite a bit of clean up after I was done with eyeshadow application.








This Marcelle palette is one of my favourites. I rarely use it, but I love the colours. They're quite light and shimmery and you really need to build them since the colour payoff isn't all that great but for a really romantic look, this is my go-to palette.





My brand new Mascara Obsession is d.j.v. beautenizer volume lash. I had just run out of my Bourjois Liner Effect mascara and purchased the False Lash Mascara by Maybelline and was very disappointed. The wand was awkward to use on my short lashes and that mascara just point blank, refused to wash off. Not only did my Purity not work, none of my make up removers did either. It smudged yet would not budge at night. I tossed it and went to Sephora in search for a brand new mascara. I picked this one on a whim, and so far, I'm quite pleased.

It does clump - its one downfall really - but what volume! Apparently also has conditioning oils that are great for the lashes, is smudge proof and comes off similar to a tube mascara with just warm water on a cotton pad. Wonderful!

So, what do you guys think?

Watch out for an update video over on my youtube channel.

Have a great one!

x

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 8 March 2011 at 14:48 , Blogger Makeup and Mutts said...

Great colors! :)

 
At 8 March 2011 at 15:18 , Blogger Jane Alisa said...

Your eye make up is amazing. xoxo

 
At 8 March 2011 at 15:38 , Blogger Venus Loves Virgo said...

Lovely! I love that Marcelle palette,gorgeous colors XOXO

 
At 9 March 2011 at 00:31 , Blogger Sabrina Tassini said...

my dear great tutorial!!i like so much this make up!!:)
i'd be happy if you come and follow me..i wait u on blog kisses

patchworkporter.blogspot.com

 
At 9 March 2011 at 07:47 , Blogger beneath the glass said...

gorgeous look- the blue is so pretty, and the nude lips look great! :D

Beneath the Glass

 
At 9 March 2011 at 13:36 , Blogger xNTA said...

Thanks!

And @Venus In Virgo: I totally agree. That's my only Marcelle palette and I *love* it!

 
At 10 March 2011 at 14:02 , Blogger Paula said...

ive decided spring is here even if the weather doesn't 100% agree with me! hahahaa

 
At 11 March 2011 at 15:01 , Blogger Sonya said...

Great tutorial!
I've been experimenting with colored eyeliner lately - definitely going to try this look out!

 
At 16 March 2011 at 09:29 , Blogger Fashion Ranger said...

Finally spring is here (at least in Sweden).
Great tutorial and you look stunning! Looking forward to the next one.

Love from Sweden,
Jacob

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home