Sunday 3 April 2011

[VIDEO] Jason Wu FW 2011 Eye makeup look: Navy Blue & Gold

This was a request from David Diaz at Virtually Stunning. His post on The Makeup at Jason Wu's FW 2011 show really intrigued me and I wanted to try my hand at recreating the look.

I know I didn't quite do it justice, but David, this is for you! Please check out his wonderful blog! (My favourites are the Celeb fashion roundups!)

I usually like to do the whole face when doing makeup looks but when studying the images of the models at Jason Wu's show, I saw that their faces were pretty bare.

The focus here were really on the eyes (+ the manicure that I have no hope of recreating, check out David's Post to see what I mean) and of course on the fashion.

The lips for the most part were kept natural (I applied a lip balm to keep mine moisturized); the skin flawless and dewy - and so I opted to just do the tutorial on the eyes for this particular look.

For the makeup I used, apart from primer, I used L’Oreal HiP Matte Shadow Duo in Striking and my favourite Sephora palette, that I've mentioned in a previous post.













Have a great one!
x

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At 4 April 2011 at 00:51 , Blogger Sara said...

Lovely! :) like the combo ^^

 
At 4 April 2011 at 01:36 , Blogger Jane Alisa said...

Your eyes look amazing. xoxo

 
At 4 April 2011 at 12:32 , Blogger Venus Loves Virgo said...

Hey!
How's it going???
I love this look and that palette is really nice
XOXO

 
At 4 April 2011 at 13:10 , Blogger David Diaz said...

You did an amazing job! Thank you so much for the shout-out! : )

 
At 5 April 2011 at 19:28 , Blogger NADIA ABOULHOSN said...

wow really amazing job at this navy blue and gold!

 
At 5 April 2011 at 22:36 , Blogger Paula said...

beautiful look! <3

 
At 6 April 2011 at 23:41 , Blogger Leia said...

That make up is so lovely!

Leia

 
At 7 April 2011 at 12:02 , Blogger Thelma Frayne said...

Gorgeous look!!

 
At 13 April 2011 at 10:56 , Anonymous Sherin said...

Your make up looks amazing! Your eyes do look gorgeous. I've always wanted to learn how to do proper eye make up.

 
At 14 April 2011 at 01:39 , Blogger Radiant Make Up said...

You did an amazing job it looks beautiful!! x

 
At 4 May 2011 at 02:02 , Blogger Katatny said...

cute blog :) keep up the good work hunny !
would love your support for mine! :)
xoxo
www.misskatatny.blogspot.com

 
At 9 May 2011 at 13:06 , Blogger Venus Loves Virgo said...

Glad your back from vacay, hope you had fun!
Spring cleaning is great, I clean around the house all the time. A bit of a neat freak lol!
I love the tutorial and will check out that blog link. I'm also running a giveaway if your interested. XOXO

 
At 12 May 2011 at 05:12 , Blogger C said...

i love the colours you use, they really suit you!!

in response to your comment about jay z and beyonce, sadly ive heard the same thing, but then i also heard that they both worship the devil so dont know WHAT to believe anymore haha!!!

 
At 15 May 2011 at 17:56 , Blogger ThisIsAlx said...

=O they look great!!!! I wish I can do that too but my skills isn't too great yet lol.. shadows are soo complicated for me lol!

 
At 19 May 2011 at 16:28 , Blogger Laura Hunter-Thomas said...

OMG this is so cool. I am so jealous - I wish I had your skills with a makeup brush! Damn! Looking great :)
Best,
Laura @ Beauty, Not Bullshit
beautynotbull.com

 
At 21 July 2011 at 03:55 , Blogger evie said...

great job!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home